Collage Project
The year is 1995 and there he stood with 7 dollars in his pocket. His dream had been crushed. Not knowing what to do with himselfs he cursed the world. As the days passed he realized that he could not let his future fall to fate. “If one dream fails, pursue another”. Those were the words his father left him when he died. So the man decided to get to work. As the years passed, he found his story reaching more and more people. He pursued many professions, and found a new love for the world. He became everything and the world loved him, but with every great man comes someone to oppose him. This came in the form of a small blonde woman, and she hated this man.
Our story starts in a world that runs on magic. Cars, trains, planes, buildings, and everything else uses magic in order to function. There are also people who use magic as a means to do their work. These people are called mages. A mage's work can range from a fighter, to a healer (doctor), entertainer, cook, and many other things. In fact it is not an overstatement to say that magic can be used to do anything.
The man in our story is named Ishi, and he is a mage who uses earth magic. In this world there are also magical creatures who oppose the human race, as well as dark mages who stand with them. Ishi stands atop of the magic world holding the title as one of the 5 magic emperors. The five emperors are considered to be the five most powerful mages in the world, and govern their respective continents. Panya, another one of the five emperors, is Ishi's biggest enemy, and aims to become the dictator of the world. She is also A dark mage who obtained her power through force.
War was a constant between these two nations and Ishi was absolute about maintaining peace in the world. Panya on the other hand was hellbent on destruction due to her personal vendetta with Ishi. This problem started when Panya, who was the former ruler of Ishi’s Continent was kicked out by Ishi due to her evil way of ruling. Now Panya has constructed an army of magical creatures with the intent to destroy the land she once ruled.
Ishi on the other hand is a powerful mage who intends to defend his country by himself. He has no military, and intends to protect his land using only his own strength. How will this story end?
To (maybe) be continued... 433 words A workload
The college making process was very relaxing. I enjoyed the nice change of pace from normal class activities. As you may realize by now, I am a person that likes to find humor in things. And I think that my collages (I made two) show that side of me well. In my first collage, I found a picture of the rock, and a bunch of pictures of Martha Stewart. I ended up making these two the theme of my first collage. The other main piece in my first college was the geico gecko. If you read my story you may notice the names in my story have meaning that surround these three. Ishi means Rock, Panya means baker, And magical creatures represent the talking gecko. Although I did not finish my whole story, I did think that the representation of the rock and Martha Stewart as magical beings was funny.
How I selected my pictures for my college was pretty random. One of my strengths is my ability to piece things together so I just found pictures that I liked, cut them out, and glumed them down. One thing that I noticed as I went though is how much my initial vision changed. When you are making something like a collage, it is important to realize that it won't be exactly as you might have intended it to be. You only have what the magazine gives you, so it is a good way to strengthen one's ability to work with what is given to you.
To circle back and talk about my story, I decided to talk about magic and wizards because I am watching a show called right now that has that stuff in it. I think that this is a good example of stealing like an artist (lol).
I think that the biggest struggle that I had when I was creating my college was getting out of the rigidity of my original vision. Like I stated earlier, you only have what the magazine gives you, so it is important to stay fluid in your idesa. I did this well in my second college, but struggled in my first.
In conclusion, I enjoyed the college making process. I even went and looked at the hashtag that you sent us after class last week and was amazed by some of the work that people have done. It also helped me with my creative process.
404 words A workload Collage below

Comments
Post a Comment